The Budget Sommelier

Friday, April 15, 2005

Damn the Bugs, There's Wine to Be Had!!

Alright, viruses beware – I can’t wait any longer, there’s wine to be drunk tonight.

I’m not sure what I’ll be opening, but I’ll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, if the weather is good and summer-y wherever you are this weekend, I highly recommend chillin’ in the backyard with ice cold bottle of VIDA ORGANICA MALBEC ROSE. This is another Whole Foods purchase, I can’t remember the price, but it’s definitely under $10. Vintage is not important particularly, this Argentine vineyard is pretty consistent, and W.F only has 2003/2004 stock. I know a lot of people who are anti-rose, but on a warm summer day, a GOOD rose - dry, not sweet, fruity – nothing beats it. I’ll also dig up my recipe for a great rose based sangria and post it ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home